Equity & Inclusion Office offers a number of resources and services to help you build more inclusive teams and spaces.
- If your unit could benefit from EIO’s expertise in education, facilitation, curriculum change, and planning and evaluation, submit a request for consultation with a member of the team: https://equity3.sites.olt.ubc.ca/resources/consultation-request-form/.
Conflict Management and Human Rights Advising
- If you or your team could benefit from support managing conflict in the work environment, particularly connected with issues of difference and identity, please contact the EIO’s Director of Dialogue & Conflict Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you or your team members are experiencing issues that are related to breaches on any of the human rights grounds (breach to Policy SC7), you can get in touch with the Director of Human Rights at email@example.com. They can provide a confidential consultation and advising to resolve issues of discrimination and harassment.
- A new monthly workshops series, Through the Lens, aims to equip faculty and staff with a better understanding of the experiences of minoritized identity groups at the university, and with practical skills for allyship. Sessions are running until May at the Vancouver campus and parallel sessions will take place on the Okanagan campus once per semester. Please help ensure your teams are aware of upcoming sessions, listed here: https://equity.ubc.ca/through-the-lens/
Trans, Two-Spirit and Gender Diversity Taskforce
- In the new year, we will be convening a Trans, Two-Spirit and Gender Diversity Taskforce that will provide strategic direction to UBC’s senior leadership in the area of gender identity/expression and human rights. The task force is being formed in response to emerging campus and community needs and the addition of gender identity and gender expression to the BC Human Rights Code. A call for applications from those interested in being part of the taskforce will be issued in January.
Inclusive Holidays Resources
- Lastly, as we look to this holiday season, we would like to invite you to review the various ways that you can help foster respectful and inclusive celebratory spaces for your teams: https://www.hr.ubc.ca/hr-networks/2019/11/inclusive-holiday-celebrations-in-the-workplace/
Thank you for your continued support in helping to create a respectful and inclusive environment, where diverse ideas and perspectives can thrive.