Are you a current UBC student involved in an equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) initiative? Join the Student Equity Engagement Network (SEEN) to build community, collaborate and learn from peers engaged in EDI.
At UBC, student leaders are actively engaged in efforts to make the university a more equitable, diverse, and inclusive space. Well-positioned to spark change, students bring a nuanced understanding of EDI through their lived experiences and engagement with different affinity groups.
Launched in the fall of 2022, the Student Equity Engagement Network seeks to bring together students working on EDI initiatives across UBC to maximize the impact of their efforts. By creating stronger connections amongst students and with relevant university partners, the network aims to shape a collective understanding of the experiences and needs of students from equity-deserving groups and how best to meet them.
- Build connections and community amongst and with student leaders working on EDI initiatives across UBC.
- Collaborate and exchange reflections, ideas, and strategies to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of departmental and faculty EDI initiatives.
- Develop competencies related to justice, equity, decolonization, Indigenization, and inclusion (JEDII), and gain a greater awareness and understanding of barriers to the pursuit of JEDII.
- Access tools, frameworks, and expertise from the Equity & Inclusion Office to build capacity and enhance self-efficacy.
Who can join
The Student Equity Engagement Network is open to undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students engaged in an EDI initiative at UBC. This is inclusive of students who:
- are involved with a departmental or faculty EDI committee, or;
- are advancing an EDI initiative as part of a Work Learn project, Co-op project, student advisory group, or a departmental initiative, such as supporting affinity group spaces or working groups.
Forthcoming program events will be displayed here. If there are no program events coming up, explore other upcoming events.
EDI Programs Assistant Work Learn
Equity Education Strategist