Thank you for your interest in attending. Registration is now closed as the event has reached capacity.
The UBC Pride Connect reception for 2SLGBTQIA+ faculty, staff and postdoctoral fellows is back for 2023! Formerly known as Pride Convergence, the reception is an annual event for building and sustaining 2SLGBTQIA+ networks, while championing a more inclusive campus community.
A photographer will be present. If you are not comfortable being photographed, please indicate in the registration form.
- Dr. Arig al Shaibah, Associate Vice-President, Equity and Inclusion
- Dr. Janice Stewart, Associate Dean, Faculty, Faculty of Arts
- Dylan Robinson, Educator, Investigations Office; Queer Faculty & Staff Collective member
We are committed to providing a welcoming, accessible experience. If you require an accessibility-related measure please indicate in the registration form or contact Rachael E. Sullivan.
- The reception will be held on the first floor of the Robert H. Lee Alumni Centre.
- Accessible entrances are located on the north and south side of the building.
- There is a single occupancy accessible washroom located between the multi-stall men’s and women’s washrooms on the first floor near the north entrance.
- Guests seeking a quieter space during the reception are welcome to locate to the surrounding lobby of the Robert H. Lee Alumni Centre.
- Please refrain from wearing perfumes and scented soaps to prevent causing allergic reactions for other attendees.
What to expect
- Mingle and connect with other members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community at UBC
- Hear remarks from Dr. Arig al Shaibah, Dr. Janice Stewart, and Dylan Robinson
- Enjoy refreshments, including a complimentary drink ticket
- Win a door prize
Who can join
UBC faculty, staff and postdoctoral fellows who identify with the 2SLGBTQIA+ community are welcome.
Rachael E. Sullivan
Equity Education Strategist
Equity & Inclusion Office
Director, Alumni Engagement