Are you a UBC student involved in an equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) initiative? Join the first gathering of the Student Equity Action Network to build community, collaborate and learn from peers engaged in EDI at UBC. Newly launched in the fall of 2022, you will have the opportunity to shape the direction and vision of the Student Equity Action Network, as well as meet students from different departments who are engaged in EDI. Refreshments will be served.
What to expect
- Network and build community with student leaders engaged in EDI from different departments
- Explore EDI initiatives taking place across campus
- Exchange reflections, ideas and insights on barriers to implementing EDI
- Enhance your self-efficacy and capacity-building with the support of the Equity & Inclusion Office
Who can join
The gathering is open to undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students engaged in an EDI initiative at UBC. This is inclusive of students who:
- Are involved with a departmental or faculty-based EDI committee, or
- Are advancing an EDI initiative as part of a Work Learn project, Co-op project, student advisory group, or departmental initiative, including supporting affinity group spaces or working groups.
EDI Programs Assistant Work Learn
Equity Education Strategist