Join the second session of the Student Equity Engagement Network (SEEN) Spring Series to solidify partnerships with other students involved in advancing EDI at UBC. The purpose of this session is to build self-sustaining connections among students from different units and departments to facilitate collaboration and resource-sharing, and more effectively navigate barriers and obstacles to implementing EDI at UBC.
This event is the second of three sessions in the SEEN Spring Series. Launched in the fall of 2022, SEEN seeks to bring together students working on EDI initiatives across UBC to maximize the impact of their efforts. Find more SEEN sessions.
What to expect
- Network and build community with student leaders engaged in EDI from different departments
- Explore EDI initiatives taking place across campus
- Exchange reflections, ideas and insights on barriers to implementing EDI
- Enhance your self-efficacy and capacity-building with the support of the Equity & Inclusion Office
Who can join
The gathering is open to undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students engaged in an EDI initiative at UBC. This is inclusive of students who:
- Are involved with a departmental or faculty-based EDI committee, or
- Are advancing an EDI initiative as part of a Work Learn project, Co-op project, student advisory group, or departmental initiative, including supporting affinity group spaces or working groups.
EDI Programs Assistant Work Learn
Equity Education Strategist