Download application form (word)
Completed application forms (in word or pdf) should be emailed by April 1, 2016 to email@example.com
(Please note applications for 2016 will no longer be accepted.)
- Proposals should have observable and/or measurable benefits to the representation or experiences of historically disadvantaged groups within the UBC community.
- Priority will be given to proposals that benefit the UBC community and have a continuing effect on enhancing employment or educational equity.
- Proposals must provide clear rationale and objectives consistent with the University’s Equity & Inclusion mandate and commitments as outlined in Place and Promise
- All Equity Enhancement Fund initiatives must be in accordance with UBC’s Respectful Environment Statement.
- The proposal must be endorsed by a Head of Unit or the senior official of an organization ie. Alma Mater Society, Graduate Student Society and UBC Students’ Union Okanagan, union/association or student club. A Head of Unit is the Director of a service unit; Head of an academic department; Director of a centre, institute or school; Principal of a college; Dean; Associate Vice President; University Librarian; Registrar; Vice President; or President.
- Submissions from the Unions or Associations must be endorsed and signed by the senior official of the organization.
- Submissions from the AMS, GSS and UBCSUO must be endorsed and signed by the senior official of the organization.
- NOTE: The person making the endorsement assumes responsibility for monitoring the project and ensuring a final report is submitted.
- Successful recipients are required to submit a report, including financial accounting, to the Associate Vice President, Equity & Inclusion upon completion of the project. The Equity & Inclusion Office will provide a template for this purpose.
- Funds must be spent within one year of receiving funding. Any unused funds must be reported and returned.
- The fund recipients are responsible for planning and implementation related to your project, and covering any cost overruns.
- Proposals up to $25,000 will be considered. Small and large proposals are encouraged. Large proposals may receive partial funding.
- Funding dispersed: 75% upon announcement and 25% on completion of final report.
- There are separate funds for the Vancouver and Okanagan campuses.
- Partnerships between faculties/units/departments/groups are encouraged.
- Applications should demonstrate some financial contributions (not just in-kind) from faculties, units and clubs.
- Funding will not be granted for projects that are a normal part of the unit’s responsibilities and operating expenses, or, except in exceptional circumstances, to reinstitute a previously funded project in a unit.
- Funding is allocated once a year in the last quarter of the fiscal period by the Associate Vice-President, Equity & Inclusion, with advice from the Vice President Strategic Implementation Committee.
- Fund amount and guidelines will be reviewed annually by the Associate Vice-President, Equity & Inclusion, and the Vice President Strategic Implementation Committee.