The Equity & Inclusion office is committed to ensuring that UBC is a community in which human rights are respected and equity and diversity are integral to university life. The office works to uphold two University policies; Employment Equity (Policy #2) and Discrimination and Harassment (Policy #3).
The Equity & Inclusion Office:
- offers education and training outreach to promote and sustain respectful learning and working environments to the campus at large,
- works to prevent discrimination and harassment on campus, and
- provides information and resources in situations where individuals feel they are experiencing conflict related to discrimination and harassment.
- Message from the Acting Associate Vice President, Equity & Inclusion
- Equity & Inclusion Office Staff Profiles
- Vice Presidential Strategic Implementation Committee for Equity and Diversity
- Equity & Inclusion Office – Organization Chart, 2016
Director of Conflict Management provides confidential advice, support, and assistance to UBC students, staff, and faculty who have concerns about discrimination or harassment on grounds such as race, religion, sex, disability, or sexual orientation. Those who have experienced discrimination and harassment on campus, have been accused of committing discrimination and harassment, or have an equity-related inquiry can contact the Director of Conflict Management for assistance. Meetings are confidential and the Director of Conflict Management will help evaluate the situation and explore possible solutions.
Education & Training
Experienced Equity and Inclusion Educators offer presentations and/or panel discussions for students, staff, faculty and representatives from unions, employee associations, departmental equity committees and the wider community. Topics may range from inclusivity, anti-racism, dis/able-ism and anti-homophobia (Positive Space Campaign workshops), to those related to gender and inter-cultural understanding. Contact our educators for training requests.