Vancouver’s annual free community celebration at the Yaletown Roundhouse in honour of the United Nations International Day of Persons with Disabilities is happening on December 3. Join in on the live performances, discussion, distinguished guests and much more. This year’s theme is Sustainable Development: The Promise of Technology. The focus is to make the benefits of technology more accessible to everyone, and to use the power of technology to promote inclusion and help everyBody realize their potential.
Date: December 3rd, 2014
Location: The Roundhouse Community Centre – 181 Roundhouse Mews (Corner of Davie & Pacific)
- 3:00pm-7:00pm | Booths from a range of organizations including technology and accessibility
- 3:00pm-7:00pm | Live music throughout afternoon/evening highlighting local talent
- 4:00pm-5:30pm | Sustainable Development: The Promise of Technology
- 4:00pm City of Vancouver: | Sustainability, Technology and Accessibility
- 4:30pm Marco Pasqua | Professional Speaker, Entrepreneur and Accessibility Advocate. He will be speaking on the topic of technology for individuals of all abilities.
- 5:00pm Roger B Jones | “The Ability Guy” Consultant, Entrepreneur, Strong belief in Access for All
- 6:30pm-8:00pm Showtime! | Film Screening of Endless Abilities
Venue is wheelchair accessible and an ASL interpreter will be present.
Attendance is free. RSVP online | www.projecteverybodycelebration.eventbrite.ca